That will be my next step Hotrod. I likely can't get back to it until next weekend. I tried yesterday and I was unable to reach the clips that attached the arms. I think I'll have to remove gauges to get to it.
I could not find any sign of binding. In response to questions from Bartomos about did anything change... I reflected back on when a hurricane came this year I closed the cowl vent to keep rain out. I discovered yesterday that when I open and close the hood cowl vent that the wiper motor moves. The motor has a bracket that attaches to the brace on the vent. The brace was not secure, so I bolted it in.
I also added a ground wire.
So far, none of that has worked. The fuse blows instantly when the switch is turned on. I did find the motor is made by New Port Engineering. I'll call them Monday.
I greatly appreciate the insights each of you has provided.