Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Gray_Ghost, 55shaker, Ridgeback, 32Fordpuchoptop, Gdads51, Charles in CA, elhippie64, TUTS 59),
103
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,302 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Boy Tom, knowing what I know now after being around for 65 years, if it were me, I'd pick his brain for any hints or tips he could offer on sign painting. Pay him to teach you some of the tricks. Sign Panting is truly one of the disappearing arts. I've looked for years for any printed information on the trade and I don't think anything exists any more. We are loosing so many of the real old timers and along with them goes the skills that took years to learn, I just wish we could video document some of it. I ran into the same thing when I was collecting antique radios, so many of the manufacturing methods and processes are lost forever. No one knows how the decorative paints were applied, believe me, I tried for 15 years to find out how the very heavy wrinkle finishes were done but no on knows. I was hoping to see some pictures of some good examples but looks like everyone is in the same boat I'm in, that is, empty handed. Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Denny Graham | 10/05/2007 11:49 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| david dyehouse | 10/05/2007 12:10 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Denny Graham | 10/06/2007 2:02 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Czechman | 10/06/2007 3:57 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| AgriHawg | 10/06/2007 5:05 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| ddalesr3 | 10/06/2007 12:47 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Denny Graham | 10/06/2007 2:14 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| AgriHawg | 10/06/2007 2:51 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Czechman | 10/06/2007 3:27 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Bill Schickling | 10/08/2007 11:20 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Grant Dupee' | 10/09/2007 3:25 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| TPYLE | 10/17/2007 1:58 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Samantha | 10/17/2007 2:08 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Denny Graham | 10/17/2007 9:40 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Czechman | 10/17/2007 1:44 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Mt. Tam Trucker | 10/17/2007 4:09 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Czechman | 10/18/2007 3:51 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| TPYLE | 10/19/2007 2:28 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Samantha | 10/19/2007 2:59 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| TPYLE | 10/19/2007 3:25 AM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Czechman | 10/24/2007 10:07 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| KCMongo | 10/24/2007 11:19 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| Czechman | 10/24/2007 11:25 PM |
Re: Painted Doors, a lost Art?
| ezhaulin41 | 10/29/2007 3:07 AM | |
| |