Man, the timing on this subject could not be any better! I just retired after 30 years in Graphic Design and specialized in retro graphics back in the early 80 when I was doing all of my work in what is known as the Art Deco style.
SAMPLE Today I have a small home based business that pays for my toys and I want to have my company name painted (NOT VINYLED) on my doors.
I've just within the last couple days begun to search for someone in my area that not only can do it but can make it LOOK OLD... as in authentic period lettering with drop shadow... the way it used to be done. I want that simple beauty that characterized that era, not some contemporary computer graphics retro-trash... I love the smell of One Shot sign paint in the morning.
So... ANY old photos of lettering on doors would be greatly appreciated by this bolter.