It didn't take me long to find several places in my area who still do hand lettering. If you are in the North Raleigh, NC area:

Bobbitt Signs
Kittrell
252-492-7326
The owner has 35 years experience and still does it the old-school way but his business is mainly the vinyl stuff

Reid Signs and Professional Lettering
Henderson
252-438-4376
A one-man shop that ONLY does hand lettering. I spoke to Mr. Earl Reid and he seems like about as old-school as you'll get. I asked him why he didn't advertise and he said he stays busy without it.

I left a call in to a couple more places and will let you guys know what I find, but it looks like Earl is going to get a visit from me.

Look in the yellow pages for places that advertise many years experience and/or that they do hand lettering. There's probably a lot more of them out there than you think.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection