Originally Posted by Czechman
... I love the smell of One Shot sign paint in the morning.

That's funny, people who come into the sign shop says it smells in here. I must give them a funny look, what are you talking about,funny look. Then they ask if I can smell the paint fumes?

Denny there are a few sign magazines...SignCraft....Signs of the Times....Sign Business and alot of Books on the subject. I do believe the hand lettering is going strong today, thanks to the letterhead movement, several sign related websites like letterville which is alot like this site,preserving and teaching the craft.

A couple of things to consider for an authentic lettering job. Script lettering is done by hand, a computer script is too tight, its not bouncy. When you look at a natural aged lettering job you can see the brush strokes. Instead of sanding, take some turps on a rag and wipe. The more you wipe, the more paint you take off. Also you could thin your paint down. Best idea is too study truck lettering from the old days, the layouts are simplar.

Any body needs more info let me know.

Rob