Denny
very good topic IMO
my uncle is an old school sign painter and I had never seen a silhouette rubbed onto a truck to use as a template till i spent a day at the shop with him. it was something to watch him lay that ol one shot on a panel. I never will forget the look and words he gave me one day when i sprayed windex on a truck,rubbed down a vinyl decal and gleamed with pride at what i had done. he said that crap will flake off in no time but the paint would last for years.
anyway ,I was in a junk yard near here a month back where the truck i had done 20 yrs.ago with the vinyl decal now sits next to one he painted. all you can see of the vinyl is the glue lines eek and his with the patina people try to replicate WRIGHT BROTHERS cool it would be neat if the rest of the truck looked that good.
when the day my panel comes out from the garage he is going to letter it with my business name. I just hope i can get it finished while he is still on this world frown
tom


I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!