My last experience with Edlebrock carbs was on my, now residing with someone else, 1948 Suburban Streetrod. While on a closed route cruise night 3 years ago it began sputtering then died in the middle of Highway 66 with 200+ cars doing a 3 mile closed loop. Pushed it around a corner and popped the hood. Could not readily find any problem. Did manage to get it refired and started towards home 4 miles away. Had to keep it at a high rev all the way, putting it in neutral at every intersection. Died twice along the way but got it going each time. Choke was not hung closed. The next morning I changed out the carb with another 1405 that came off another 350. Started right up and ran fine for about 6 months. It then began running rough. I bought a Holley Street Demon and replaced the Edlebrock. Was still running great when I loaded it on the transport for a trip to Alabama and it’s new owner last week. I’m not particularly inclined to try again.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)