As this thread represents, enthusiasts have different experiences with the two carbs. HRL wants to use Ebrocks as fishing weights and others have good/reasonable experiences with them.
I like Fxrds, but they don't like me. My first car was a 61 Sunliner convertible, 390, 4 spd. I loved that car, but something was always breaking on me and I was working on it more than driving it. Owned a couple of other Fxrds, with the same result. Finally switched to GM's.
I put a new Holley on my 71 Monte Carlo - daily driver, because that's what everybody did and liked them. I couldn't get that carb to work for me ---leaked like a sieve, and just wouldn't run right ---for me. I switched to and Ebrock with electric chock and never looked back.
What works for me may not work for others, and visa-versa.
~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it
in the DITY Gallery1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~
moved on to fellow Bolter