Originally Posted by carbking
Carl - take a gander at the third line in my signature block!

Assuming your 350 is a Chevrolet, instead of trying to make a Buick carb with TOTALLY different fuel curve work on your 350; look for the Chevrolet version:

3721s if manual transmission
3720s if automatic transmission

To make the Buick version work well on a Chevy, you need to change:

(A) primary venturi clusters
(B) secondary venturi clusters
(C) primary metering jets
(D) secondary metering jets
(E) step-up rods
(F) step-up rod springs
(G) and unless you like secondary bog, especially the auxiliary air valve

Now take a gander at the second line in my signature block wink

Maybe you can find a Buick dude that is trying to make a Chevrolet AFB work on his Buick, with horrible results. wink

Jon.
Thank you Jon,
I should have prefaced my post with a disclaimer indicating that what I was trying to do was to accommodate a sentimental attachment to a carburetor from a Buick I once drove, regardless of how fruitless that may be. I guess I should end that romance and listen to what you suggested to me last year (as well as just now).
Ignorance is bliss, stupid can't be fixed. Now THAT should be my signature block. smile
Carl

Last edited by 52Carl; 06/03/2018 12:18 AM.

1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission