Hey DB. Yeah, I knew I had something special. At first I was a bit down that the truck didn't have the original engine, but I knew 235's were better than the original 216's. So I went with it. My dad and I drove it from oakdale Ca. To Eureka Ca. That's about 400 miles without a hickup, it was actually pulling better the further we drove it, the engine seemed to loosen up.We gave it an oil change previous to departing and I bought an extra 5 quarts preparing for it to burn at least a quart in a few hours. To my surprise it didn't burn any oil at all! It had so much power and torque I kind of felt it wasn't a 235, I thought maybe a 250. More than adequate power for the simple tasks I have planned for it. Doesn't have an external oil filter, I'm thinking of adding one for longer life. Do you guys suggest adding msd ignition? It makes older engines run much more efficiently. Another question, when I go to change the valve cover gasket and the exhaust manifold gasket, are they the same as a 235's? What is the greatest difference between these two engines? Are carter carburetors that much better? Which intake manifold did you end up going with DB? I'll have to check out your pics. Thanks for all the info
Last edited by ClassicsR4Me; 03/04/2016 7:30 AM.