Hello, I'm new here. Still trying to figure out how to upload some pictures of my engine to facilitate the deciphering of my engine. Until then, I hope someone can help me with the info I already have. To start off, the engine is painted Chevy Orange. It has a Rochester Carburetor, I imagine a single barrel but not sure. The valve cover has the breather in the front and the "Chevrolet" script written the length of the cover, it is held on with 4 bolts like on a 235 which it very well could be. Now for the important information, I've checked every website that deciphers the cast number and I.D number and none matched, here they are, I.D number is:FO4TILB The block casting: 3789717 Right above the starter it has written D41.
Thanks beforehand for any help, meanwhile ill keep trying to figure out how to get some pics on here.