Purely hypothetical question on the "best" way to improve carburetion when desired....
I've read a lot of threads on this topic and trust those who say the dual carb thing is largely cosmetic under most circumstances. That said, I also acknowledge that very little about this truck hobby is logical...and that "eye candy" might be a good enough reason to do it, for some. Dual carbs on an inline 6 is a cool look.
Setting both perspectives aside for a second, let's say that you meet carbking's 3 criteria for additional carburetion. And you want a blend of driveability and performance....a little more "go" when you step into it.
Which would be a better approach to achieve that purpose?
1) Dual carbs properly sized and tuned with a progressive setup.
2) The small 4 barrel carb/ intake. (Clifford with a small Holley, I think).
3) Something else?
My uneducated guess is the 4 barrel. A little less monkeying with tuning and such. Although I think Clifford even says it won't work with a stock exhaust manifold or Fentons without "modification."
I know this isn't a completely fair question. Too many other variables (cam specs, head, gearing, etc, etc). Just looking for perspective.
Last edited by JW51; 10/18/2014 5:51 PM.