I have built many of these trucks 1939-46. My advice to you is to keep the orignal frame stay away from this s10 nonsense. using a s10 frame WILL NOT save you any time or money. I have bought a lot of trucks that have been started with the s10 idea in mind.I usually end up using them for parts. There are a lot of different MustII setups for the stock frame that will fit like they were made for the truck because they are. Chassis engineering makes a rear end mounting kit with leaf springs that will make it sit nice.I have always used a camaro/nova rear axle they are a little wider than the s10 and fit better. If you bag it where are going to put all the tanks/compressor to run it? Chopping these trucks are also an interesting project, to much chop or the wrong style chop makes them look worse not better. I am doing a 1939 right now that i chopped 2" and lenghted the cab 6" I recut it 3 times to get the look right. It depends on skills/tools you have to do one of these trucks.They are a lot different to build than a muscle car or newer car. there is really nothing on one of these that is a bolt on modification. any suspension, motor mounts, rear axle updates will require a welder and good welding skills. They also can be fun, fast and handle like a go cart if done right.