Good info 46gmcpu. I actually really like the ride height of your truck. That's right where I would want the ride height to be on this truck,, but then be able to lay frame when we take it to the shows etc. Just cant make up my mind weather I should go with stock rear fenders and have them welded and patched and straightened a little, or go with the fiberglass 2" wider rear fenders and running board kit. If I can get one of the major chassis builder players on board for a full sponsorship, and SEMA booth placement. Then I will go with a complete aftermarket chassis system, and possibly the corvette motor route etc etc. Nut and bolt complete hotrod resto. I went to SEMA back in 08 and want to go back this year bad. Having a truck in a SEMA booth is amazing!!
Thanks, the stance is the #1 thing I get comments on. I'm hoping to go to SEMA this year as a spectator. I hope you can figure out what direction you want to go!
46gmcpu, I really like the look of your truck. On Gas Monkey Garage there was a 54 Chevy that he sold to those guys and it looked like it was rusty and weathered, but it was actually painted that way and was actually clear coated etc that way. had Half Fast Hot Rods on the door which is an awesome name. It looked sick and was cool how they made it look old and weathered, but it was a completely restored truck.
Thanks, I put a lot of thought into the truck and the overall theme so I'm happy when someone comments that they like the way it looks.
I haven't seen pictures of that one on fast and loud. I don't know if it's just because I have a truck with real patina, but even the best fake patina I can pick out a long way away. I've seen a couple really good ones that have fooled me, but for the most part something just doesn't look right about them to me. I've had enough shiny vehicles now that I wanted something I didn't have to worry about washing, rock chips, and scratches. I'm so glad I did it this way, it's the most fun vehicle I've ever owned.