Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,700 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 26 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 26 | I acquired my first 41 from a neighbor who thought it was a ford.. but the bowtie on the horn button and the Chevrolet script on the art decco grille gave it away. When I received some inheritance funds I made up my mind I was going to find a good candidate for a cool old truck to drive around our small farm town. I find them up in Napa in Dec 2007.
Pictures in my signature line.
Enjoy! John
Last edited by Peggy M; 04/17/2025 9:41 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 136 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 136 | Cool, what a find!! Welcome. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 26 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 26 | Thanks Old Dollar, been working on gettin the dents out, getting ready for paint, plans are for smurf blue body, black fenders and running boards. Still got lots to do, wiring, master brake cylinder, shocks, dash, gas tank, door guts, glass, whew, it will be fun though, just like putting a full size model together.. taking my time | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | john, I know what the good book says about being jealous .... but I just can't help myself this time.  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 86 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 86 | hey john! my dad and i are re building a 53 3100. the best of luck to you!
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 |
Tim Sheridan 1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it. In the Gallery | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hey John,nice find. If you need some 'inspiration' check out Tim Sheridan's restoration log. Just click on the link above my post. 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 26 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 26 | Thanks for all the welcome comments, Hopefully I will get it done enough for the next spring time parade,, should be in May 2011. I have read about Tim Sheridan's build, I also have read about John Sandoval, and Brad's..lot's of good info and cool people on this site.. I will keep all ya'll updated.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | nice truck,welcome to the bolt here is another sweet ride Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | |
| |