The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, 78buckshot, 53 green 1- ton, DadsFirstPickup, greenie-reddy, Jon G), 83 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 26
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 26
I acquired my first 41 from a neighbor who thought it was a ford.. but the bowtie on the horn button and the Chevrolet script on the art decco grille gave it away. When I received some inheritance funds I made up my mind I was going to find a good candidate for a cool old truck to drive around our small farm town. I find them up in Napa in Dec 2007.

Pictures in my signature line.

Enjoy!
John

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/17/2025 9:41 PM.

1942 Chevy Firetruck project 1 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton -- Now gone
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
Cool, what a find!! Welcome.


1952 Chevy 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

Doin better'n some an worse than others. Life's what ya make of it. FAMILY, GOD and COUNTRY. Love it or Leave it.
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 26
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 26
Thanks Old Dollar, been working on gettin the dents out, getting ready for paint, plans are for smurf blue body, black fenders and running boards. Still got lots to do, wiring, master brake cylinder, shocks, dash, gas tank, door guts, glass, whew, it will be fun though, just like putting a full size model together.. taking my time


1942 Chevy Firetruck project 1 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton -- Now gone
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
john, I know what the good book says about being jealous .... but I just can't help myself this time. smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 86
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 86
hey john! my dad and i are re building a 53 3100.
the best of luck to you!


1953 Chevy 3100
Father and Son project
In the Stovebolt Gallery
46 GMC 303 1.5T
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
Good luck!!


Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hey John,nice find.
If you need some 'inspiration' check out Tim Sheridan's restoration log.
Just click on the link above my post.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 26
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 26
Thanks for all the welcome comments, Hopefully I will get it done enough for the next spring time parade,, should be in May 2011.
I have read about Tim Sheridan's build, I also have read about John Sandoval, and Brad's..lot's of good info and cool people on this site.. I will keep all ya'll updated.


1942 Chevy Firetruck project 1 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton -- Now gone
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
nice truck,welcome to the bolt
here is another sweet ride


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.


Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0