The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (lumbersawyer, 78buckshot), 167 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,474
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
I found a 1930 1.5 ton. I guess I'm the 3rd person to take on the restoration. The wood was done by an other man; he did an outstanding job. My son and I are keeping this truck as original as we can afford. How ever we are putting a 1950 motor, transmission front and rear end in place of the one that came out. The transmission was a box of rust, as was the first two cylinders in the motor. I thought that the better brakes that the 1950 provide would be nice as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71138077@N00/4849653363/sizes/l/in/set-72157624815296278/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71138077@N00/sets/72157624815296278/

Latest Project Pictures

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/11/2025 11:47 PM.

1956 Chevy 3600
“Maynard”
In the DITY Gallery
More pictures on Flickr

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 433
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 433
What a cool project !!! Nice job restoring the wood interior ...

1930 Pickup 1

1930 Pickup set pics




1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Bart, I'm jealous! Man I love those trucks. It looks in pretty doggone good shape and it will make one handsome truck. Pleas, please keep us posted with pics. I'm hooked.
....and I see you got some good help. I'll guess that it is really HIS truck smile or will be one day!

Good luck.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,414
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,414
Your truck is awesome. thumbs_up

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,081
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,081
Bart,

I finally got a chance to get the 1930 in the Gallery. We were not able to download but one image from the Flickr account. If you have a better one for the Gallery just send it along.

(Email is down now. Not sure when it may be up. But do send one if you want.)

Peggy


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 105
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 105
Hey Bart, I love "the pickup". Your son will always remember the time you guys spend together working on. SEE YA! Mark


1955 Chevrolet 6100 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
"A good mechanic doesn't know everything, but he can figure out anything". ~ --My DAD
1955 Chevrolet 6100 Wrecker Video
1955 Chevy 6100 Wrecker Update Video
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
Nice truck, I had a '33 in Wyoming. Wise to upgrade to modern running gear.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 9
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 9
Hi Bart I also have a 1930 1 1/2 ton and although yours looks in great shape mine is even better!!!. I am so amazed how good she is. Rock solid never had a welder or any repairs anywhere on her. Body is absolutely dead straight. I am only missing two bonnet latches nothing else, the window winders are complete and work great, I would be please to add images as I have also done some running gear mods but I am not able to add images on here can work it out.. Regards Mick

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
here you go Piston pusher
how to post pix


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.


Moderated by  John Milliman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0