Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,462 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 208 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 208 | I found a 1930 1.5 ton. I guess I'm the 3rd person to take on the restoration. The wood was done by an other man; he did an outstanding job. My son and I are keeping this truck as original as we can afford. How ever we are putting a 1950 motor, transmission front and rear end in place of the one that came out. The transmission was a box of rust, as was the first two cylinders in the motor. I thought that the better brakes that the 1950 provide would be nice as well. http://www.flickr.com/photos/71138077@N00/4849653363/sizes/l/in/set-72157624815296278/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/71138077@N00/sets/72157624815296278/ Latest Project Pictures
Last edited by Peggy M; 04/11/2025 11:47 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 | What a cool project !!! Nice job restoring the wood interior ... 1930 Pickup 1 1930 Pickup set pics
1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Bart, I'm jealous! Man I love those trucks. It looks in pretty doggone good shape and it will make one handsome truck. Pleas, please keep us posted with pics. I'm hooked. ....and I see you got some good help. I'll guess that it is really HIS truck  or will be one day! Good luck. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,414 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,414 | Your truck is awesome.  John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,080 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,080 | Bart,
I finally got a chance to get the 1930 in the Gallery. We were not able to download but one image from the Flickr account. If you have a better one for the Gallery just send it along.
(Email is down now. Not sure when it may be up. But do send one if you want.)
Peggy
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 | Hey Bart, I love "the pickup". Your son will always remember the time you guys spend together working on. SEE YA! Mark | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | Nice truck, I had a '33 in Wyoming. Wise to upgrade to modern running gear.
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2015 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2015 Posts: 9 | Hi Bart I also have a 1930 1 1/2 ton and although yours looks in great shape mine is even better!!!. I am so amazed how good she is. Rock solid never had a welder or any repairs anywhere on her. Body is absolutely dead straight. I am only missing two bonnet latches nothing else, the window winders are complete and work great, I would be please to add images as I have also done some running gear mods but I am not able to add images on here can work it out.. Regards Mick | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | here you go Piston pusher how to post pix Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | |
| |