The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, ronsway, 1 invisible), 165 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
Hi this page looks to have so much info I can't wait to start reading. I just purchased a 1947 Chevy 1 1/2 ton Thriftmaster (Please correct me if it is a 2 ton). It is sporting a 216 (Original I doubt) rebuilt carb and brakes, the rest is up to me. No rust but really cool patina not sure if I should paint it or not. Runs and drives as soon as I wire the tail lights up I can hit the road!

Will post pics later!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Big Pink, welcome to the Stovebolt page. Yep, hours and hours of reading and searching. You'll be busy for a while!! Ask questions in the best forum and you'll be surprised how the guys and gals will help you out. Lots of knowledge here.....lots of it!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Big Pink, don't be in a hurry to paint it just yet. Patina is sometimes under rated. Enjoy driving it!

Leo

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Welcome to the Bolt! Click below for a picture of my '47 Loadmaster. My paint is original except the lower half of the doors. We just buffed it out, and it doesn't look half bad!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
Thanks everyone paint is on the back burner, so many problems with the wiring right now I can't think straight. Everything is brittle and cracking.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
Welcome to the Stove Bolt

Simple Big Truck smile


1929 Chevrolet AC International - 4 Door
1930 Chevrolet AD Universal - Canopy Express Truck
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
[/font]
- - In the Stovebolt Gallery
-- In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0