The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nick in Manitou, klhansen), 77 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,080
Posts1,056,315
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
Hey ladies and gents,
My name is Graham, I've stumbled across Stovebolt various times the past couple years, and in recent weeks have been doing a lot of lurking, and researching. Well... I purchased my first classic truck (classic anything to be specific) as a birthday gift to myself (bought it two days after I turned 23).
Its a 1954 3100 Shortbed Stepside, 235ci I6, three on the tree. In fairly decent shape, rust in all the normal areas but overall a solid truck. Obviously, thats not the right bed on it, but it came with another bed (I think its a pre-54 though... has the angled bed rails instead of the flat, but it needs quite a bit of work).
Its a running and stopping truck, headlights work, taillights/brake lights dont, turn signals dont. Oil pressure, temp, amp guages work but speedo and gas dont.
Take a look!

Drivers Side
Front
Passenger Side
Interior 1
Interior Stripped

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
GMJager, welcome to the Stovebolt. You will not be disappointed at the knowledge and great folks here but if you've been lurking you already know this.
Sounds like a good plan you have. See ya around the garage forum's.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome, lots to learn on this site. I hope your truck works out, if you need help, just ask.

Leo

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
Anyone know why the picture hyperlinks didn't work? I followed the directions for posting pictures to the forum. I'm assuming there is a minimum post requirement?

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,181
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,181
Originally Posted by GMJager
Anyone know why the picture hyperlinks didn't work? I followed the directions for posting pictures to the forum. I'm assuming there is a minimum post requirement?
You assumption is correct. I'm fixing them for you.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
They work now.

Welcome to the Bolt! Nice looking truck. Keep us posted on your progress.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
Awesome! Thanks! I'm no scammer and plan on being around these parts for quite some time!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Originally Posted by GMJager
Awesome! Thanks! I'm no scammer and plan on being around these parts for quite some time!

That's super. We all learn from one another and then we can teach others. See ya around the garage.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0