Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,312 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 | Hey ladies and gents, My name is Graham, I've stumbled across Stovebolt various times the past couple years, and in recent weeks have been doing a lot of lurking, and researching. Well... I purchased my first classic truck (classic anything to be specific) as a birthday gift to myself (bought it two days after I turned 23). Its a 1954 3100 Shortbed Stepside, 235ci I6, three on the tree. In fairly decent shape, rust in all the normal areas but overall a solid truck. Obviously, thats not the right bed on it, but it came with another bed (I think its a pre-54 though... has the angled bed rails instead of the flat, but it needs quite a bit of work). Its a running and stopping truck, headlights work, taillights/brake lights dont, turn signals dont. Oil pressure, temp, amp guages work but speedo and gas dont. Take a look! Drivers Side Front Passenger Side Interior 1 Interior Stripped | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | GMJager, welcome to the Stovebolt. You will not be disappointed at the knowledge and great folks here but if you've been lurking you already know this. Sounds like a good plan you have. See ya around the garage forum's. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome, lots to learn on this site. I hope your truck works out, if you need help, just ask.
Leo | | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 | Anyone know why the picture hyperlinks didn't work? I followed the directions for posting pictures to the forum. I'm assuming there is a minimum post requirement? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,181 Red dot, center of chest ... | | Red dot, center of chest ... Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,181 | Anyone know why the picture hyperlinks didn't work? I followed the directions for posting pictures to the forum. I'm assuming there is a minimum post requirement? You assumption is correct. I'm fixing them for you. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 | They work now.
Welcome to the Bolt! Nice looking truck. Keep us posted on your progress. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 | Awesome! Thanks! I'm no scammer and plan on being around these parts for quite some time! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Awesome! Thanks! I'm no scammer and plan on being around these parts for quite some time! That's super. We all learn from one another and then we can teach others. See ya around the garage. | | |
| |