The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, Peggy M, klhansen), 85 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,390
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 51
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 51
Trying to find out what year doors will fit on a '36 cab, '37 and '38 ??


1939 Chevy 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1946 1.5-Ton Chevrolet Stake Bed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1940 Chevy Sedan - Frame-off Restoration
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
Short cab '36 wil be really close to a '37-'38. Can not say for sure if they are the same, but just looking at them I would say yes.

Joe

Last edited by Joe H; 01/18/2013 9:23 AM.
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 170
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 170
Hello Dynosaurus, I have used a '37 GMC door on a '36 Low Cab. It fits, don't know about '38.


1936 Chevrolet 1.5-ton SWB
"Murtahg"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

It's only original once.
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 170
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 170
Hey, after thinking and looking at some pics, looks like the same body lines on '36. '37, '38 I'm thinking they all interchange.


1936 Chevrolet 1.5-ton SWB
"Murtahg"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

It's only original once.
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 51
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 51
That's what I like to hear...Thanks for the info. Now if I can just find one of them, I'll be set.


1939 Chevy 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1946 1.5-Ton Chevrolet Stake Bed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1940 Chevy Sedan - Frame-off Restoration
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 51
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 51


1939 Chevy 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1946 1.5-Ton Chevrolet Stake Bed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1940 Chevy Sedan - Frame-off Restoration
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
Looks like all the cabs I have seen, rust in the front corners and the rear corners bent in. The '36 uses a different windshield then the 7 or 8, it has a different arc across the bottom or in the corners, I believe the top is the same. Doors should bolt right on, inside is all the same. Its for sure not a '38, they filled the fuel tank from the outside, and I believe '36 did to. I thought '37 was a one year only with fuel fill under seat, so maybe thats what it really is.

Joe

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
...joe is correct about 37 being a one year item with the split bottom seat so you could raise the passenger side seat and put gas in. I do it all the time!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 51
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 51
The VIN on this one says it's a '36. I have never looked inside the door jamb of a '37, but this one has wood from the floor up thru the A-Pillar. Do the '37s have wood where the door hinges mount also ???


1939 Chevy 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1946 1.5-Ton Chevrolet Stake Bed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1940 Chevy Sedan - Frame-off Restoration
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 170
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 170
My '36 had the split seats and the fuel fill under the seat, I wonder if it was a late '36 or something. My brothers '36 has the gas fill neck outside the one oiece seats.


1936 Chevrolet 1.5-ton SWB
"Murtahg"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

It's only original once.
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
The only wood in a '37 was under the floor on each side holding the cowl area to the floor. Maybe 8" total of wood, it was flex joint.

Joe


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0