Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,372 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 | Trying to find out what year doors will fit on a '36 cab, '37 and '38 ?? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 | Short cab '36 wil be really close to a '37-'38. Can not say for sure if they are the same, but just looking at them I would say yes.
Joe
Last edited by Joe H; 01/18/2013 9:23 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 170 | Hello Dynosaurus, I have used a '37 GMC door on a '36 Low Cab. It fits, don't know about '38. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 170 | Hey, after thinking and looking at some pics, looks like the same body lines on '36. '37, '38 I'm thinking they all interchange. | | | | | Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 | That's what I like to hear...Thanks for the info. Now if I can just find one of them, I'll be set. | | | | | Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 | Looks like all the cabs I have seen, rust in the front corners and the rear corners bent in. The '36 uses a different windshield then the 7 or 8, it has a different arc across the bottom or in the corners, I believe the top is the same. Doors should bolt right on, inside is all the same. Its for sure not a '38, they filled the fuel tank from the outside, and I believe '36 did to. I thought '37 was a one year only with fuel fill under seat, so maybe thats what it really is.
Joe | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | ...joe is correct about 37 being a one year item with the split bottom seat so you could raise the passenger side seat and put gas in. I do it all the time! | | | | | Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2012 Posts: 51 | The VIN on this one says it's a '36. I have never looked inside the door jamb of a '37, but this one has wood from the floor up thru the A-Pillar. Do the '37s have wood where the door hinges mount also ??? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 170 | My '36 had the split seats and the fuel fill under the seat, I wonder if it was a late '36 or something. My brothers '36 has the gas fill neck outside the one oiece seats. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 | The only wood in a '37 was under the floor on each side holding the cowl area to the floor. Maybe 8" total of wood, it was flex joint.
Joe | | |
| |