Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,295 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 12 | After a 5 month search and 15+ different truck test drives, I finally purchased my first one today! I'm putting together a whole list of questions to come! thanks in advance Sam Here's an attempt of putting up a pic!! [IMG] http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l196/Sam56n/Ellouise.png[/IMG] | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 40 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 40 | Hey nice truck. Tell us more about it. Wish I could be back in Ca. Have a good time with the folks here on this site | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | OOO, nice truck,Sam. Welcome to the Stovebolt. Folks here can answer your questions for sure. Just be sure to post them in the most appropiate forum for maximun results. That truck was worth the wait and patience!!! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 695 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 695 | Great score, Sam! Thanks for sharing the pic!
Jerry | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | Sweet and it's all done, great find. Jim | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 107 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 107 | Great looking truck! Congrats. | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | Lookin' gooooood ! Fill us in on the details for running gear, etc. etc. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Very nice Sam,like the guys say,tell us more..... 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 | Great looking truck, nice buy!!!!! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 111 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 111 | Wow! I'll show this to my boy and it'll spur him along
Ken | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 12 | Thanks guys I'm still digging for more history on the truck So far, the plates, pink slip, car plate and engine number match; engine block shows a 235 from 54, I assume this is the original engine for the truck; odometer shows 55k, it works and the it was registered at 53k about 9 years ago, I'm not sure what the real miles are; I can't find anywhere with huge rust issues, I'm not an expert by any means, but I have a magnet! It has the 3 speed, most everything on it works, (except fuel gauge, don't worry, questions coming!) , I just changed all the fluids (tranny, engine and diff oil) and am looking for a nice set of white walls, and perhaps a wood bed; it has a diamond plate bed with spray on liner now (it's nice but wood is nicer :)) I'd like to look into an original radio set up as well Here's another pic of her and her garage mate (2012 Volt) I'll take her out for a photoshoot soon [IMG] http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l...09159_1074891288_2884729_659955418_n.jpg[/IMG] | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 575 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 575 | I'm all about the original radio! Is it a 6V setup?
The biggest electrical problems with all these old ladies is bad grounding. Clean up your connections etc - and search this site. Ton's of info on fuel gauge problems / testing etc...
Good luck!
Mark | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 12 | no, it's a 12V, I have to get into figuring out the gauge, I'm just lazy!! | | |
| |