The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
10 members (Greg_H, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, TrknGMC, TooMany2count, KEVINSKI, Peggy M, Lostbuthaulinass, wilbur53, Wayne67vert), 130 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,481
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
Greetings to all! Just joined today to learn more about your trucks and hopefully my next project. Just finishing up my 9 year resto on a 67 Chevelle ( http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/malibu67/ ). I have 2 sons so I am now looking at a truck for my next project. Got my eye on a couple online. Who knows! Plan to learn more as I browse this site.


1967 Chevelle Malibu (2nd owner)

1951 Chevy 3100
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Julio,welcome from Scotland.
I checked out your pics,nice car!

Good luck with your search,what era trucks are you interested in?

This site is a wealth of knowledge and info,the gang here will help with any queries you might have,just ask in the appropriate sections.

See you around.
Jock.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
Jock, thanks for the Welcome. My Chevelle turned out to be a very time consuming project during which I learned to weld, and some body work. I replaced floors and skins. So for my truck restoration, i feel comfortable going forward. I am still learning and looking at all trucks but think i am leaning towards 36-42 Chevy or Fords, with full bed - no flatbed. I like both looks. I kept my Chevelle stock as I am second owner but for this project, going to mod where needed to get a look I like. thanks again for welcome!


1967 Chevelle Malibu (2nd owner)

1951 Chevy 3100
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Hi Julio, welcome! Not sure if you ever heard of our Beaumonts that we had in Canada through the 60s, but they are similar to the Chevelles. I have a 67 Beaumont, try to link you to it. Also have a 69 Chevelle, both are big block 4 speeds. But the truck is different, way different, in a good way. It slows me down to the 50s era, more unique too. Anyway, good luck in your search, be sure to let the boys help.

Leo

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/1953panel/DSC00385.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/1953panel/DSC00845.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/1953panel/DSC00846.jpg

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
Sure, beaumonts are very similar. Yours looks great. I am waiting for Spring to arrive to take on maiden ride. On the trucks, I am pretty much open to all - if a nice tow truck popped its head, I'd seriously consider that too.


1967 Chevelle Malibu (2nd owner)

1951 Chevy 3100
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Bought a brand new 1967 Beaumont two door sedan. Dark green with black bench seat. Had a 327, Muncie 4-speed and posi. Dog dish hub caps on Uniroyal red line tires. Had the optional shoulder belt that clipped over the door. Brand new it was $2450 plus tax in Montreal. It was a special order and the railways have a shunting yard at the Quebec/Ontario border where the rail cars from Ontario are dropped and east bound trains made up. My buddy and I would go out frequently to see if we could see it on a train car. No luck.
That car instilled my love in Malibu/Beaumonts and today I drive an 81 Malibu 4-door which is bullet-proof.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Julio, the years were worth it on the Chevelle. Nice looking car.
Thanks for sharing. Be sure to let us know what Stovebolt you end up with.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 111
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 111
Hello fom Indiana, good luck to you and your search


Ken


1946 Chevrolet 2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix of the '46 on Photobucket

1954 Chev 1/2-ton
3 Farmalls
4 John Deeres
1 Oliver
1955 DeSoto Fireflite

I'm pullin for ya. We're all in this together -- Red Green
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
i have a lot to learn about the many model years. but the search is re-energizing my interest so that is great.

thanks to all for the welcome messages.


1967 Chevelle Malibu (2nd owner)

1951 Chevy 3100
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
Hey guys. Need some quick advice.

Looking at buying my first truck. The link below shows a pic of the driver side door jamb. I do not see a tag with VIN. It is a 1951 Chev truck. I will talk with seller tomorrow. WOuld VIN tag be somewhere else?
thanks

http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=2012-04-09_08-44-49_651.jpg


1967 Chevelle Malibu (2nd owner)

1951 Chevy 3100
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
That black tag is it. The numbers will be stamped into it. The only other place for identification is the engine number which is stamped on a flat boss between the starter and distributor, that number will not match the numbers on the ID plate. The truck may have been titled using either of the numbers.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0