The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Roy Rodgers, Oswald, Brian Moore), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#827240 02/17/2012 8:54 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
I just finished putting new rubber on the front doors of my '51 burb. Now for the back barn doors.

Right now, the doors have very little rubber, so I'm trying to figure out exactly how to run it. I'm thinking that only one of the doors would have rubber where they meet? So I'm thinking the right hand door would have rubber all the way around it, and the left-hand door would start at the right edge of the top, and run around until it got to the right edge of the bottom. Does this sound right? What would keep the loose edges from flapping around?

Thanks,

Kurt

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
That's what I did. I dunno if its right or not. I'm not sure what you mean about loose edges? The weatherstrip I got, looks just like the stuff for the front doors, I dunno if that's right either. Probably not.


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
old post has some information that you might find useful.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
Kurt, Steele Rubber Co. is the place to get the good stuff in rubber, but you'll think you're buying another truck! They ain't cheap! Everything I Have gotten from them, however acts like it came out of a factory package. Both of my panels, way different years from your 'burb, have (had) rubber all the around the right door and on three sides of the left one. It amazes me how consistent Chevrolet has been over the years on stuff like brakes, rubber and wiring, etc, so I'm GUESSING that all barn doors are pretty much the same.

Les

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Three sides on the driver side rear door makes sense to me. I have it on all four and as I said in an earlier post it just don't look right and I didn't like it from the git go.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I also went all around the right door and 3 sides on the driver side.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 321
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 321
Hi Kurt, we need to meet up some time! I should be in town next week, PM me your phone number.

Roadkmarks is right about Steele, great products - But I have one complaint about their door rubber, it's too hard. I would personally call Clesters in Salisbury. Their door rubber is much softer and you won't have to slam the doors so hard. I think it comes down to personal opinion but having used Steele's door rubber on my pickup, then using Clester's on my Burb, I like the softer door rubber better.


Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
plummer, got an address for Clesters? How are prices compared to Steele?

Would someone post a picture of the ENDS of the run around the LEFT rear barn door. I need to cut the vertical strip off mine. I kept telling myself it didn't look right..... and all I would have had to do was ask the STOVEBOLT gang. How dumb can I get!!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
Dang, I did use the wrong stuff! At $4 a foot though, I'm not likely to rectify it.


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
pplummer,

PM sent.

Kurt

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
Achipmunk,

I post a pic 'soon as I get it done.

Kurt

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 321
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 321
Clesters Auto
5415 Statesville Boulevard Salisbury, NC 28147
(704) 637-9979

Kurt, I think I paid 20 bucks for a roll. It was really cheap, but nice and soft. If I can ever get home for a week, I'll hook up with you and swap burb stories! I'm starting my Model A project next week now that the burb is done.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
pplummer,

I'll be around this weekend if you are in town

Kurt


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0