Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (WICruiser, 2 invisible),
142
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | I just finished putting new rubber on the front doors of my '51 burb. Now for the back barn doors.
Right now, the doors have very little rubber, so I'm trying to figure out exactly how to run it. I'm thinking that only one of the doors would have rubber where they meet? So I'm thinking the right hand door would have rubber all the way around it, and the left-hand door would start at the right edge of the top, and run around until it got to the right edge of the bottom. Does this sound right? What would keep the loose edges from flapping around?
Thanks,
Kurt | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | That's what I did. I dunno if its right or not. I'm not sure what you mean about loose edges? The weatherstrip I got, looks just like the stuff for the front doors, I dunno if that's right either. Probably not. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | old post has some information that you might find useful. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 725 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 725 | Kurt, Steele Rubber Co. is the place to get the good stuff in rubber, but you'll think you're buying another truck! They ain't cheap! Everything I Have gotten from them, however acts like it came out of a factory package. Both of my panels, way different years from your 'burb, have (had) rubber all the around the right door and on three sides of the left one. It amazes me how consistent Chevrolet has been over the years on stuff like brakes, rubber and wiring, etc, so I'm GUESSING that all barn doors are pretty much the same.
Les | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Three sides on the driver side rear door makes sense to me. I have it on all four and as I said in an earlier post it just don't look right and I didn't like it from the git go. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | I also went all around the right door and 3 sides on the driver side. | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 321 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 321 | Hi Kurt, we need to meet up some time! I should be in town next week, PM me your phone number.
Roadkmarks is right about Steele, great products - But I have one complaint about their door rubber, it's too hard. I would personally call Clesters in Salisbury. Their door rubber is much softer and you won't have to slam the doors so hard. I think it comes down to personal opinion but having used Steele's door rubber on my pickup, then using Clester's on my Burb, I like the softer door rubber better.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | plummer, got an address for Clesters? How are prices compared to Steele?
Would someone post a picture of the ENDS of the run around the LEFT rear barn door. I need to cut the vertical strip off mine. I kept telling myself it didn't look right..... and all I would have had to do was ask the STOVEBOLT gang. How dumb can I get!!! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | Dang, I did use the wrong stuff! At $4 a foot though, I'm not likely to rectify it. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | Achipmunk,
I post a pic 'soon as I get it done.
Kurt | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 321 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 321 | Clesters Auto 5415 Statesville Boulevard Salisbury, NC 28147 (704) 637-9979
Kurt, I think I paid 20 bucks for a roll. It was really cheap, but nice and soft. If I can ever get home for a week, I'll hook up with you and swap burb stories! I'm starting my Model A project next week now that the burb is done. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | pplummer,
I'll be around this weekend if you are in town
Kurt | | |
| |