The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (PAUL Berardi, Jon G, JW51), 98 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,131
Posts1,056,373
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#791147 10/22/2011 11:39 AM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
Has anyone installed a drive shaft park brake on there big bolt? Or has anyone even seen one. I have the complete unit in parts, but don't have a clue how it mounts.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 18
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 18
What truck do you have? I have two big bolts, both with drive shaft parking brakes - a '60 LCF 60 and a '68 TE 50. I have not had to do anything to either of them, but I could take photos if they would help, depending on your truck model.


John

1960 LCF 60
1968 TE50 Tilt-Cab
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
I have a 49 6400 2 ton. The out fit I bought it from may have sold me a pig in the poke. I have never seen one a pre 60 big bolt. A pic or two would be great! Thanks.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 18
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 18
Here are some photos of my 1960 LCF 60 with four-speed transmission:

Photo from Rear

Photo from Right

Photo from Left


John

1960 LCF 60
1968 TE50 Tilt-Cab
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Here is a link to some 1951-53 factory pictures that may help there are 7-8 of them:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2480167210102454676myvNXd

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
Thanks guys, just what I needed.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0