| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 13 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 13 | I am looking for Chevy's door striker Shims (part #3689312) so as to properly align the doors on my 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. If the shims are no longer available, then I would like to see a specification/drawing sheet with all appropriate dimensions such that I could fabricate same. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Charlie, I have two striker plates left on a cab that I am trashing. If any are behind the striker I can fix you up. Right now its raining cats and dogs so it'll be at least tomorrow .... unless you come across some sooner.
I see your in Aiken..do you know Steve Bright?? Also expect you at the Southern Stovebolt Reunion next year!! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 13 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 13 | That is great info. I am also told that one can use "trash quality" striker plates as shims because you can cut off the top & bottom tabs where the bolts go thru as they are a perfect shim. Thanks, Please keep me posted. Chuck Burhans 2400 Cardigan Drive Aiken, SC 29803 Home (803) 642-0401 Cell (908) 239-9228 | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | Here is some info off a 51 you can look at ....Woddy's Link.... ....Woody's Link.... Some of the door parts changed between 50 and 51 but you should be able to get an Idea on how to make the shim. Good Luck | | |
| |
| |