The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gray_Ghost, greenie-reddy, Lostbuthaulinass, HandyAndy, 1 invisible), 161 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,237
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#787960 10/11/2011 7:55 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13
I am looking for Chevy's door striker Shims (part #3689312) so as to properly align the doors on my 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. If the shims are no longer available, then I would like to see a specification/drawing sheet with all appropriate dimensions such that I could fabricate same.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Charlie, I have two striker plates left on a cab that I am trashing. If any are behind the striker I can fix you up. Right now its raining cats and dogs so it'll be at least tomorrow ....
unless you come across some sooner.

I see your in Aiken..do you know Steve Bright?? Also expect you at the Southern Stovebolt Reunion next year!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13
That is great info.
I am also told that one can use "trash quality" striker plates as shims because you can cut off the top & bottom tabs where the bolts go thru as they are a perfect shim.
Thanks,
Please keep me posted.
Chuck Burhans
2400 Cardigan Drive
Aiken, SC 29803
Home (803) 642-0401
Cell (908) 239-9228

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Here is some info off a 51 you can look at
....Woddy's Link....

....Woody's Link....

Some of the door parts changed between 50 and 51 but you should be able to get an Idea on how to make the shim.

Good Luck


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0