The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Opelika Tom), 115 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#782325 09/20/2011 10:48 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
Hi Everybody..I'm new..but not ne to collecting and restoraqtion. Just won the 36 Suburban on Ebay..either it's going to be an adventure or a project that will have me in the Shrink's office!
I've restored rough cars and trucks beofre..ie: 28' Reo Flying Cloud sport sedan..and a 36 chevy low cab pickup..but with this 36 suburban I will surely need everyone's expirences with these..it takes a village they say. thanks Bruce Sandpoint Idaho

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/12/2025 6:05 PM.

1936 Chevy Suburban Carryall
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1941 Chevy Woodie with Cantrell body
1936 Low Cab Chevy Pickup
1941 Spec Deluxe Chevy Coupe.
1953 Pontiac Catalina hardtop
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 460
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 460
Welcome to the site, Bruce...

Tell me, is this the truck you bought?

If so looks great... you're definately in the right place if you're looking for a great resource of information and help as you restore it...

Have fun on the site and congrats on your new toy! smile

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Hi, Bruce and welcome to the 'bolt! Ditto, what 37ChevyTruckGuy said. This is a great site for info, advice, and ideas. See you around! smile

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Bruce, let me first say I'm envious of you getting it. Its one that I wish I could afford to buy. I know you have more experience than I but as you know we all have tackle some rough projects. Perhaps its just the challenge to say we can or did do it. I salute you for buying this wonderful suburban. I know you can do it as you have already proved on previous vehicles. May take a little longer but it will be worth it.

Good luck on your project and Welcome to the Stovebolt. PLEASE keep us posted with pictures and updates as well as let us know how we can help. Man, thats one good looking burb.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
Will be taking a few shots of my 36 Suburban barn find soon..just finished cleaning it up.


1936 Chevy Suburban Carryall
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1941 Chevy Woodie with Cantrell body
1936 Low Cab Chevy Pickup
1941 Spec Deluxe Chevy Coupe.
1953 Pontiac Catalina hardtop
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 42
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by mtvoices
Hi Everybody..I'm new..but not ne to collecting and restoraqtion. Just won the 36 Suburban on Ebay..either it's going to be an adventure or a project that will have me in the Shrink's office!
I've restored rough cars and trucks beofre..ie: 28' Reo Flying Cloud sport sedan..and a 36 chevy low cab pickup..but with this 36 suburban I will surely need everyone's expirences with these..it takes a village they say. thanks Bruce Sandpoint Idaho

Hey Bruce -
I am originally from Sandpoint area. Left there in 1981 to join USN. Will be out there Spring 2012 to see my family. Would love to stop by and see your rig.


Be the person you would want as a friend because at the end of the game the King and Pawn go in the same box.

Moderated by  John Milliman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0