Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,376 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 138 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 138 | I'm thinking about replacing the old rod linkage with a modern cable assembly. Is there a kit or something for this? The truck is a 57 Chevy 3100 with a 650 CFM Edelbrock
Alex 57' 3100 (The Bondo Bandit) Bad rust and worse wiring, but so much fun.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | nothing I've run across .... is there something preventing using the original V8 linkage? works fine on my 58 - changing to hanging pedals?
Bill | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I used a Mr. Gasket braided cable and brackets on both my 37 and currently installing them on my panel. I'm running Edlebrock 600 on both of them. They work find.... but you may have to use an aftermarket gas pedal which is what I did.... although I've heard you can use a pedal off a late model that still used the cable instead of the throttle sensing positioner. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | IMHO I prefer the old style linkage. Linkage will give you a clue when all is not well. A cable will just break and leave you stranded.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 | I have used the Lokar throttle pedal kit with great success on two cars.
It only requires one small hole through the firewall/floor. There is a bell crank that protrudes beneath the sheet metal and attaches to a teflon lined braided stainless cable that can be routed in any path you require to get to the carb. First rate hardware/barrel nuts/brackets, etc. ensure a trouble free install.
I have it on my 51 Panel truck right now.
Mike
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 138 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 138 | I am just looking to get something smoother than my rusty old stuff. I like that Lokar pedal kit...
Alex 57' 3100 (The Bondo Bandit) Bad rust and worse wiring, but so much fun.
| | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | Second on the Lokar setup...works great / looks clean / easy to install | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 576 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 576 | I bought a Lokar spoon type pedal and stainless braided cable as well.....dave 1949 Chevrolet 3100 "When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | I liked the Lokar set-up but not any of the pedals (looked a bit too modern) so I found a 96 Chevy truck hanging pedal and used it with the Lokar cable kit.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 63 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 63 | whilst using the lokar cable gear get the lokar bracket that fixes to the rear carburettor stud and return spring, works a treat simple clean and effective. on both my cars | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 138 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 138 | usaaus,
do you have a link or a pic of your setup?
Also, for those of you with the Lokar setup, did you use the model for your specific truck, or will just any one of them work?
Alex 57' 3100 (The Bondo Bandit) Bad rust and worse wiring, but so much fun.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 138 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 138 | I might go with the spoon assembly because its cheaper, but the eliminator pedal would be easy to attach the old pedal to, to keep a original look to it.
I guess the wallet will decide
Alex 57' 3100 (The Bondo Bandit) Bad rust and worse wiring, but so much fun.
| | |
| |