The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (DHedrick, Gdads51, Hotrod Lincoln, Donf, 1 invisible), 122 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,375
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
I'm thinking about replacing the old rod linkage with a modern cable assembly. Is there a kit or something for this? The truck is a 57 Chevy 3100 with a 650 CFM Edelbrock


Alex
57' 3100 (The Bondo Bandit)
Bad rust and worse wiring, but so much fun.
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
nothing I've run across .... is there something preventing using the original V8 linkage? works fine on my 58 - changing to hanging pedals?

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I used a Mr. Gasket braided cable and brackets on both my 37 and currently installing them on my panel. I'm running Edlebrock 600 on both of them. They work find.... but you may have to use an aftermarket gas pedal which is what I did.... although I've heard you can use a pedal off a late model that still used the cable instead of the throttle sensing positioner.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
IMHO I prefer the old style linkage. Linkage will give you a clue when all is not well. A cable will just break and leave you stranded.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
I have used the Lokar throttle pedal kit with great success on two cars.

It only requires one small hole through the firewall/floor. There is a bell crank that
protrudes beneath the sheet metal and attaches to a teflon lined braided stainless cable that can be routed in any path you require to get to the carb. First rate hardware/barrel nuts/brackets, etc. ensure a trouble free install.

I have it on my 51 Panel truck right now.

Mike




Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
I am just looking to get something smoother than my rusty old stuff. I like that Lokar pedal kit...


Alex
57' 3100 (The Bondo Bandit)
Bad rust and worse wiring, but so much fun.
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Second on the Lokar setup...works great / looks clean / easy to install


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
I bought a Lokar spoon type pedal and stainless braided cable as well.....dave


1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
I liked the Lokar set-up but not any of the pedals (looked a bit too modern) so I found a 96 Chevy truck hanging pedal and used it with the Lokar cable kit.


~Jim
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
U
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
U Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
whilst using the lokar cable gear get the lokar bracket that fixes to the rear carburettor stud and return spring, works a treat simple clean and effective. on both my cars

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
usaaus,

do you have a link or a pic of your setup?

Also, for those of you with the Lokar setup, did you use the model for your specific truck, or will just any one of them work?


Alex
57' 3100 (The Bondo Bandit)
Bad rust and worse wiring, but so much fun.
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
U
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
U Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
universal cable not truck specific throttle bracket on lokar website part no srk4000 see http://www.lokar.com/product-pgs/mounting-brackets/bracket-pages/spring-return.html. makes a tidy install pedal is not too heavy hope this helps andrew

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
This is the Lokar unit I was referring to previously.

It eliminates any cable or linkage through the floor.
And, you can get it with a plain black or a fancy pedal.

http://www.lokar.com/product-pgs/throt-assemblies-pedal/pedal-pages/eliminator-pedals.html

mike

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
I might go with the spoon assembly because its cheaper, but the eliminator pedal would be easy to attach the old pedal to, to keep a original look to it.

I guess the wallet will decide


Alex
57' 3100 (The Bondo Bandit)
Bad rust and worse wiring, but so much fun.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0