| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (mick53, Shaffer's1950, klhansen, TooMany2count, Peggy M, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible),
73
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,388 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 102 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 102 | All, First off, I apologize if there is a thread on this. I couldn't find anything in my search.
I have access to a relatively "rust free" cab, hood, doors for a 63 C30. I need some of these parts for my 61 C10. The simple question is, will they fit?
They look similar enough but I have no experience with anything over the C10's.
Thanks as always.... | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | The cabs should be the same but I think the dashes may be alittle different, Scott | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 841 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 841 | the hoods are different too. i thought the dashes were same but i am prob wrong | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 189 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 189 | 60-63 cabs looks the same but the 63 front cab mounts are drilled in a different spot as a 60-62. 63-66 frames are the same width, doors will work the hood will bolt up also, but not correct for the 60-61. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 102 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 102 | Thanks folks......Its the doors that I need most anyway. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 321 | I knew there was something about the '63 cab that was different from the '60-'62, it's that front cab mount as RJ stated. I couldn't come up with it until I saw his reply. Also, the hood is acceptable on a '60-'61 as a replacement. It's not technically correct, but the later hoods were used as replacements after '62. Oh, and the dashes are the same. There are some differences in instrument panels and slight variations in heater levers, but overall the dashes are the same.
1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside 1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 102 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 102 | Excellent......thanks Bears63......this appears to be a good donor for my 61 then. I don't currently have the original cat eye hood anyway so I'm ok with that. Being in Maine, my current doors are pretty rough. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 102 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 102 | Last question on this topic. I promise!
How bout the front fenders? Will they align as well? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 189 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 189 | The front fenders are the same for 60-66 Chevy or GMC Trucks,Suburban or panels 1/2 to 1-ton. | | |
| |
| |