The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Bill Marlow, TUTS 59, Wally / Montana, Shade Baby, 1 invisible), 80 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,385
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#602397 12/18/2009 7:48 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
All, First off, I apologize if there is a thread on this. I couldn't find anything in my search.

I have access to a relatively "rust free" cab, hood, doors for a 63 C30. I need some of these parts for my 61 C10. The simple question is, will they fit?

They look similar enough but I have no experience with anything over the C10's.

Thanks as always....


1961 Chevy C10 Stepside

In the Gallery
On my web site
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
The cabs should be the same but I think the dashes may be alittle different,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
the hoods are different too. i thought the dashes were same but i am prob wrong

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
R
RJ Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
60-63 cabs looks the same but the 63 front cab mounts are drilled in a different spot as a 60-62. 63-66 frames are the same width, doors will work the hood will bolt up also, but not correct for the 60-61.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Thanks folks......Its the doors that I need most anyway.


1961 Chevy C10 Stepside

In the Gallery
On my web site
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
I knew there was something about the '63 cab that was different from the '60-'62, it's that front cab mount as RJ stated. I couldn't come up with it until I saw his reply. Also, the hood is acceptable on a '60-'61 as a replacement. It's not technically correct, but the later hoods were used as replacements after '62. Oh, and the dashes are the same. There are some differences in instrument panels and slight variations in heater levers, but overall the dashes are the same.


1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside
1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Excellent......thanks Bears63......this appears to be a good donor for my 61 then. I don't currently have the original cat eye hood anyway so I'm ok with that. Being in Maine, my current doors are pretty rough.


1961 Chevy C10 Stepside

In the Gallery
On my web site
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Last question on this topic. I promise!

How bout the front fenders? Will they align as well?


1961 Chevy C10 Stepside

In the Gallery
On my web site
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
R
RJ Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
The front fenders are the same for 60-66 Chevy or GMC Trucks,Suburban or panels 1/2 to 1-ton.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0