Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,245 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 134 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 134 | I have a 1953 216 CID engine that need the exhaust manifold bolts replaced. First how do I remove the old bolts and second where can I get replacement bolts.
Thanks in Advance
Charlie
1953 5 Window 1994 Harley, Heritage Softail Classic 2006 Chevy Colarado I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | If you think you can actually remove them try using PB Blaster. It comes in an aerosol can and is available in parts stores. If not,which is very likely, go to the Tech Tips page here and look under the Engine category for manifold Bolt Removal for how it's done.
Last edited by DrewP; 08/24/2009 4:34 PM.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 134 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 134 | Thanks Drew, I search the forum before I ask didn't think to check Tech tips. Where can I get replacement studs?
1953 5 Window 1994 Harley, Heritage Softail Classic 2006 Chevy Colarado I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Charley, I got mine at the local Ace Hardware. They have the "regular" ones which will strip out if your not careful. Be sure they are at least grade 5 but I would use grade 8.... the store here also has some that are heat treated and tough! I'd also put a dap of anti-sieze on them. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 | If you want to change out to studs instead of bolts, I believe these are the Dorman numbers. I haven't had a chance to try this yet on my 235, but I plan to.
Qty Length Dorman # 2....1.5...675-098 2....4......675-008 4....2......675-003 8....Nuts...867-012
regards, Leon | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 134 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 134 | Dave and Alvin,
Thanks for the info, I plan on working on them this week end.
Charlie
1953 5 Window 1994 Harley, Heritage Softail Classic 2006 Chevy Colarado I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 435 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 435 | Make sure you use some Anti Sieze when you replace them. Sooner or later you're going toahve to take them out again and with this stuff you'll be glad you used it when the time comes. This is the voice of experience talking. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 | Save yourself a ton of headache in the future and get the Brass Nuts also! Tim | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 431 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 431 | def anti seize! 'cause i violently curse the person before me that didn't use it on exposed condenser fan motor shafts. and when you get older like me, anti geeze is great for memory problems | | |
| |