The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, Peggy M, Millenimech, NJC), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,321
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#563486 08/09/2009 5:23 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 12
'
Apprentice
Apprentice
' Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 12
My name is Dave 'muck' Mucklin.This is my first post. Long time (2-3yrs) reader. I've enjoyed everything about this site and found it helpful in many ways.
I've got a '48 3800 now, it's my third advance design truck over the years, (prev. '51 3window, '50 deluxe, both 3100's). Aquired, fixed, drove both for many years, before letting them go to good homes.
My intention with this 3800 is to keep it and drive it often as a working member of my family. I've missed having a P.U. for a couple years.
I'm in the process of installing a dual master brake cyl. set-up for safety's sake, and i'm finding some distinct differences between 3100s and 3800s. Glad to see the new forum for 3800s! Thanx, John,(nice 1 ton b.t.w.). I've got a couple of questions, maybe someone could help me with. Is there a market for 17 in. split-rims? I could use some tires for the 16.5 rims i'm going to run. Also, if "swap" means swap, couldn't I post a trade offer instead of trying to figure a specfic price for items I have? Money is tight these days, and shipping is already expensive.
Thanx for any help, and I hope I can provide others with help too.I'm a lifelong auto upholsterer and trim guy in Racine.


Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
Welcome to the 'Bolt!

Yes, you can post 'for trade' offers in the swap meet section.
Heck - someone might even need some upholstery done in trade.
Good luck with your 1 ton, and keep us posted on your progress.


David Colter
pics * 1954 wrecker * [color:#009900]1948 Chevy 1-Ton[/color]
No act of kindness - no matter how small - is ever wasted ~~ Aesop
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome. Glad to have you join the best site on the web for stovebolts. Sounds like you got some good ideas and plans. Look forward to seeing you around the garage.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
Welcome ya wont find a better source for info ..an some good folks ANYWHERE!
Tim


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome!

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome! Stovebolters helping stovebolters is what it's all about.

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
S
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
Welcome fellow Cheesehead.


The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 163
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 163
Hello and Welcome!

It's always good to see another 'Bolter from Wisconsin!

Randy B.


Come to the Great Lakes GABfest
Get all the details here!
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 54
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 54
Welcome Randy, I'm right across the lake from you. Have you ever thought about throwing your truck on the ferry and cruising over here sometime?


glos55

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0