Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,135 Posts1,056,423 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 | on 47-49? the windlace retainer is screwed on the cab does it go over the windlace? or does it have a channel like the later spot welded AD retainer that the windlace slides into? does someone have a picture of the early style? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | There are several clips that go over the windlace, no channel to run it through. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 | IS THERE ANY VENDORS THAT SELL THE LATE AD RETAINER CHANNEL | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | John, Call Classic Parts of America - they used to sell a 36" piece of replacement channel ( they now sell this for each side - is this it?) . And/or, call Jim Carter, he might have pieces of used channel. Tim | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 | THAT APPEARS TO BE IT NO PICTURE YET THE UPHOLSTERY SHOP REMOVED MINE 25 PLUS YEARS AGO AND PUT WINDLACE LIKE A CAR WHEN I WENT TO PICK IT UP | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | Jim Carter is now reproducing the channel in 12" straight lengths. Part number CB350 it is expensive at $16 a pop. When I replaced my inner cowls I used these pieces I purchased from JC and they worked great. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Brad: I had not noticed this in Carters catalog so THANKS for mentioning it. I need one piece about that long. I was going to get a "tin bender" to make me a small piece but for $17 and couple for shipping I don't think I can beat that. Thanks again. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Question: The body man took the passenger side loose from the kickpanel up to the top of the door. I have noticed he replaced it with flat head screws. It appears the rubber will hit the heads of these screws and not be able to slide through. I don't have a spot welder so how do I deal with this?
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | As usual I forgot to check to add as a watched topic. 
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | There are several clips that go over the windlace, no channel to run it through. OOPS... wrong windlace  | | |
| |