The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (DadsFirstPickup, BC59, Lightholder's Dad, Otto Skorzeny), 127 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,422
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 348
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 348
on 47-49? the windlace retainer is screwed on the cab does it go over the windlace? or does it have a channel like the later spot welded AD retainer that the windlace slides into? does someone have a picture of the early style?


1949 SUBURBAN
In the Gallery
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
There are several clips that go over the windlace, no channel to run it through.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 348
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 348
IS THERE ANY VENDORS THAT SELL THE LATE AD RETAINER CHANNEL


1949 SUBURBAN
In the Gallery
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

John,

Call Classic Parts of America - they used to sell a 36" piece of replacement channel (they now sell this for each side - is this it?) . And/or, call Jim Carter, he might have pieces of used channel.

Tim


Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 348
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 348
THAT APPEARS TO BE IT NO PICTURE YET THE UPHOLSTERY SHOP REMOVED MINE 25 PLUS YEARS AGO AND PUT WINDLACE LIKE A CAR WHEN I WENT TO PICK IT UP


1949 SUBURBAN
In the Gallery
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Jim Carter is now reproducing the channel in 12" straight lengths. Part number CB350 it is expensive at $16 a pop. When I replaced my inner cowls I used these pieces I purchased from JC and they worked great.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Brad: I had not noticed this in Carters catalog so THANKS for mentioning it. I need one piece about that long. I was going to get a "tin bender" to make me a small piece but for $17 and couple for shipping I don't think I can beat that. Thanks again.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Question:
The body man took the passenger side loose from the kickpanel up to the top of the door. I have noticed he replaced it with flat head screws. It appears the rubber will hit the heads of these screws and not be able to slide through. I don't have a spot welder so how do I deal with this?


~Jim
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
As usual I forgot to check to add as a watched topic. dang


~Jim
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
Originally Posted by Czechman
There are several clips that go over the windlace, no channel to run it through.

OOPS... wrong windlace frown


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0