The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 179 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,660
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 81
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 81
Leonard said this in the gallery about his '37

"The rear end and the four link is now installed ( TCI said no one had ever tried putting a 4 link in a 1937 pickup truck but I should let them know how I did it!! YEA RIGHT! I'll let you guys know how to do it if anyone needs some help along the way ). The fuel cell is also installed."

I do not know what a 4 link and a fuel cell are? What are they used for? Who is TCI?
Thanks,
Martin


The CPA, never under estimate the value;
especially when he's driving an old Chevy truck!

1947 Chevy 1/2-Ton Advance Design in the Gallery

1951 Chevrolet 3100
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
TCI is short for Total Cost Involved, the sell frames, custom suspension parts, and other restoration and modification parts.

A four link is a suspension system that has four bars that join to the frame and axle in four places. The norm is a parallel four link like this: http://www.totalcostinvolved.com/productdet.cfm

The horizontal bar and forward mounts bolt/weld to the frame and the axle is welded into the perches at the other end of the rods.

A fuel cell is a type of gas tank. Typically they are mounted between the rear frame rails where the spare tire goes. Here is an example from Summit Racing: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM-293215&view=1&N=700+150+-128260+

Hope this helps,
Drew

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Nice clear explanation. I will need Drew to explain to me how to rebuild the front suspension and disc brakes on the kit I got with no instructions. Just kidding, I have 1/2 installed but really don't know where the proportioning valve goes. On the front or rear brakes.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Originally Posted by cowboycpa
( TCI said no one had ever tried putting a 4 link in a 1937 pickup truck
I don't think TCI would tell anyone that. They probably sell as many or more 4 link than anyone else.
http://www.totalcostinvolved.com/vehicle.cfm


~Jim
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
Gazim, I dug up this diagram of where to put a proportioning valve:
http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/71398_install_brake_proportioning_valve/photo_04.html

Aren't they used to adjust how much pressure goes to the rear brakes so that the front brakes do the bulk of the stopping?

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Its all a fading memory now unless I crawl under the 37 but it seems I had more than an "in and out" line going to my valve, more like two in and two out, where as the one in the link was just in and out.....
Hmmm, I'm sure someone will help me "see clearly".


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 81
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 81
Thanks Everyone for the replies. I sure do get some good information here.

Sorry I don't know as much as I should but I'm getting there.


The CPA, never under estimate the value;
especially when he's driving an old Chevy truck!

1947 Chevy 1/2-Ton Advance Design in the Gallery

1951 Chevrolet 3100

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0