The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (R&S 51 GMC, Tiny), 152 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#438898 08/05/2008 7:37 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,078
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,078
I don't exactly remember when we did this International Forum. It's gotta have been six years ago or longer. We weren't at the farm when we did it.

But we were getting more and more folks from "out of town." We thought it might be helpful for them to know who else is outside of North America.

It was a lot of fun to read from them and to hear of the different issues they have to deal with compared to us.

So, this is just a hanging out spot for a while. Notice all the flags on the tent (virtual that is)? We'll move it after a bit.

So, we'll see how it goes again.

Cheers all,
Peggy


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
hey I'm the first to post! I used to be from The Netherlands, but now I'm in Mississippi, wehre old trucks go to live on after they died somewhere else (aka poor men don't drive no new truck). sure is easier to keep a stovebolt running here. remember trying to buy an AD panel over there, fellow asking $7,000 (roughly) for a truck you can buy anywhere in the US for $2,000. and parts, oh parts. plus the laws are way harder on diy, registration, etc etc. so I'm happy I'm driving my truck here. oh and gas prices! expensive here? try times 3.5 over there!!!


I LOVE MY TRUCK

1959 Chevrolet Apache 38 Panel Truck in the Gallery
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
Hey, second to the post.
Thanks Peggy, great idea!

StoveBolting outside of the US..........

mmmmmmm.......no parts, no info, no history.

Just many hours of hard searching and paying for plenty of shipping!

Thank God for the StoveBolt.


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
O.K so I get the Bronze for being third! I agree with "the Doc's" sentiments. Only I'm a few thousand miles closer! grin
Unfortunately Chevy never saw fit to export 'bolts to our shores so parts,even second hand are not exactly thick on the ground! Even if they had,the survival rate wouldn't have been good!(Salty winter roads!) :mad:
Thankfully there are few folks here who share the passion.
The best part is you have a virtually unique vehicle that bucks the trend of "Euroboxes" and you look better getting there! cool I think... Early Chevy pick-ups in Scotland maybe in the single figures,they're certainly not common anyhoo!
Just can't wait to add to that number and get on the road!
Jock. wave Long live the Stovebolt!


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 10
V
vor Offline
New Guy
New Guy
V Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 10
Chevy trucks might be scarce in Scotland, but I would like to add one more to the number. On Sunday I became the proud owner of a 1st series 55 ½ ton. I got it from a guy in Inverness who had it imported from Chicago in January. Now moved down to my home town in Aberdeen, I was going to go the hot rod route, but now I am getting to be a bit of a greybeard these days I might go for a straight restoration with just a 12 volt conversion and better brakes.
Cheers Stan Watt.



Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Aye fit like! You'll not believe this but my real name is Watt too! My family roots trace back to the north east. Nice to meet you. grin
Welcome to the 'bolt! I'm a bit of a greybeard too but I'm having my mid-life crisis so I'm going the Hot Rod route,nothing too outrageous though, stock bodywork, upgraded running gear and brakes with nice wheels Oh... and a V8! cool
Jock. (John).
P.S We need photos! pix

Last edited by jockbolter50; 08/12/2008 10:01 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 10
V
vor Offline
New Guy
New Guy
V Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 10
Nae bad min foos yersel. Anither wattie. There that should confuse a lot of folks. Will have to get some pictures sorted out and put on the site, just been to busy stripping the truck in the workshop while the boss is away. Engine seams to be quite good internally, but the gearbox has a cracked tail shaft casing. I can’t workout whether to restore or go the 350/350 route. Can you recommend any good part suppliers here or stateside, when I built my 40 Ford pickup a few years ago I used Speedway and Summits and found them very good.

Cheers Stan.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Stan, I'm sittin up in the wee sma' oors as I fell asleep after dinner!
I've been using Summit and Speedway too as I've had good results dealing with them. I've got the advantage of having good friends in Virginia for sending me bits when I need them.
You could have a look at http://www.dannyschevyparts.co.uk/
He's a good guy even though he's a sassenach grin and has helped me out with quite a few things. If he hasn't got it in stock he can order parts in for you.You could also try http://www.truckandcarshop.com/ as well!
Or click on links in the Stovebolt page there are a number of suppliers there too.

I would help you out with the gearbox but mine came without engine and gearbox,sorry! Hence the 350/350 set up.
It was basically easier to source than a 'Stovebolt'
Good luck John (Jock)


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
VOR........if you want to keep it original and put up with the saga of importing gear from Australia, I have a complete driveline sitting in the shed going nowhere!


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
grin eeeek Struth mate! It's bad enough paying the shipping from England, Never mind OZ!
(The ither Wattie!) thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
Nah Jock........don't fret,

Just come over for a holiday and take it all back in ya hand luggage.

I'm sure a leaf sprung I-Beam front will fit in an overhead locker!


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
I did that last year Bob, Mrs Jockbolter and I were in Virginia.

It was a load of smaller stuff. Not an I-Beam though! big_eek

I'm heading back over next year and I'm trying to work out how to get a set of 20" wheels and tyres through as hand luggage! headscratch grin


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
Simple Jock.........

Remove the centres from the rims and wear the outers as big shiny belts!

The missus can hang the centres from her ears and on a necklace for that real Rapper look!

Won't have to pay for extra hand luggage.


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Thanks for the idea Bob! I've already got the makings of my OWN spare tyre! I certainly don't need any more! grin

Plus Mrs Jockbolter may have some ground clearance problems...She's only 4'11" !!!! big_eek
Jock. thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
Only 4-11 !

Strap 'em to her feet as some really stylish high heels!

Your still paying full price for a ticket, but only puttin' half a person on board!

Better still........a real shiny be-hive with all that headroom!

P.S. Please don't show your missus this post......she might be short, but my tes#$les are about 4-11 off the ground.


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
grin grin She's a fair lady ,she'll give ya a fightin' chance!
Start swingin 'em! A moving target is harder to hit ...right? eeeek :

Heck, I'm 6'4" and 220lbs + and I don't mess with her! nono grin


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
eekI'll be sure to stay hiding away down under!

Actually.....I hear the south pole is nice this time of the year eeeek brrrrr


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hey Bob, there's a decendant of Shackleton trying to round up a team to recreate his trip to the South pole. brrrrr
I'm considering joining up to escape from the "wee jockbolteress".
She read our postings! big_eek grin Might see ya there!

Last edited by jockbolter50; 08/31/2008 7:19 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
OUT OF OFFICE REPLY.........

Doc Bob currently out of the Country.

Any messages can be redirected to:

3rd Iceburg from the left,
Deep hole in ice,
South Pole.
brrrrrrrrrrrr


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
U
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
U Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
Will add to the list of international bolters. Have a bad case of stovebolt fever only cured by large doses of freight charges. There is light at the end of the tunnel and all is worthwhile. Coming into spring here in OZ at least here in Melbourne the days are slowly getting longer and warmer. next is summer and CRUSING, windows down cowl vent open 100+kph (60+MPH) on the dial and off to the summer events catch up with mates drink a few beers how good is that.hope it doen't get too cold over there

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Andrew, I just checked out your Gallery pic. That's a cool lookin' truck ya got there mate!
We're just heading into Autumn here and some long dark (cold) brrrrr nights will be spent in the garage trying to get my '50 ready for next year!
I bet your looking forward to driving the wheels off yer truck!
Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
U
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
U Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
jock,
thanks for your comments appreciate things like that from other truck owners.
learning all about forums slowly. will post some new photos shortly a bit of an experience with a tree. however all good now. made some mounts in the back for esky and suitcase using stainless eyebolts so yes roll on summer. only waiting on my shift roster for later this year and next year to see what I can go to and what I can't. a sickie maybe required on the odd occassion



Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
thumbs_upAndrew..........
Know the feeling cob, shift work sucks!!!!!!!!

Just checked me roster today......Working for our Fathers day Hot Rod Run in Freo, Xmas and New Years, cry not to mention a few "Shift Swaps" for OUR Club Runs in between ohwell

But you got one good fact there........spring has definitely sprung!

P.S. AWESOME TRUCK! What rear suspension set-up did you use?

Last edited by doc bob; 09/06/2008 12:54 PM.

"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hey Bob! Glad to see you're back! No frostbite then?
grin Some good Aussie sunshine should thaw you out! thumbs_up

It's kinda funny you guys talking about Rod runs at Xmas!
There are a few hardy souls that brave the winter roads here in their trucks and rods. It's not so much the cold,more the amount of salt they throw on our roads! big_eek


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
Jock....no frostbite,
but I was wary of few polar bears with some funny accents! thumbs_up

Our vision of Santa is a Jolly big fella in a singlet and shorts being ferried around the country in a sleigh pulled by Kangaroos!
He's only red in the cheeks 'cause of the 110 degree heat!

This is why we cannot understand the Xmas in July thingohwell
Bloody cold and wet that time of the year brrrrr
This is why I've been spending so much time on the'Bolt site lately.....next to the wood fire. cool

Many happy miles to you Mr & Mrs Jockbolter.....


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Cheers Mate! thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
U
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
U Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
Doc Bob,
truck runs a stock 8 3/4 ford rear with the large finned drums. springs are xy sedan basically stock with new main leaf reset to the ride height I wanted. not sure what model the rear came from but it fits perfect with 8" wheels running 4" offset and 235 tyres
EA rear sway bar was perfect fit just needed brackets on the chassis. spring front mounts are incorporated with the rear running board mount, the longer the spring I was advised the better the ride. Ride is quite good however I think the front shocks (Mustang 11) are too soft. I like my suspension firm have been in contact with original shock supplier Allan Automotive and waiting their advice. I word of advice with the jag check the brake pistons they have a tendency to RUST

regrads
andrew

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
thumbs_upCheers for the info Andrew.

I am stripping and rebuilding the entire front end........don't want to be fixing stuff as soon as it gets on the road!
I will pay attention to the brake pistons.

Am looking at either HZ Large Salisbury (Same bolt pattern as Jag) or I have a VB SLE Commodore disc braked LSD Salisbury diff.
Will get the bolt pattern changed to HZ.
Looking at a triangulated 4 link and coilovers......will give adjustable spring rates and ride height.
Your comments on springs ring true.......even with the Jag coils on the front being designed for a 2 ton vehicle, I won't be fitting them back under a 1 Ton rod!

I'll keep you posted.........Doc Bob.


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
C'mon you International 'bolters!
Surely there are more of you out there than a couple of Aussies and Jocks? grin
Jump in and have a chat or just introduce yourselves!
The Stovebolt gang have been good enough to give us a section to ourselves....let's use it!
Jock. thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
Greetings from Sweden! I don't have much to say about my old chevy. It's a driver, now when the weather is good enough I'm out in it pretty often, although I try and let it sit unless I can find some particular use for a it. Like this week, twice to the dump with cuttings from hedges and trees. Or driving machine parts here and there. Or hauling wood. It starts great and runs fine. I ought to service it a little more regular, I haven't adjusted the valves in two years... But I do fill the fluids every few months, since all of them seem to leak.
I know there are a few old Chevy trucks in Sweden, but I have never seen another older then 1960.
What I really miss here is the occasion to sit down and have a brew with other 'bolters, talk over the joys of stovebolt ownership. So whaddy'all say, shall we meet somewhere central, how about Turkey, somewhere by the beach. That drive to Turkey is beyond my truck's normal range, but the beer is cheap.

Karl


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Karl, good to hear from a 'bolter from 'just' over the North sea! You like I,will be getting ready for winter.
Although I think Sweden will be a little cooler than Scotland! brrrrr
Your truck doesn't leak fluids,it's sweat from all the work it's been doing! grin
Great to hear you use your truck for it's intended purpose.
I'd love to meet in Turkey for a beer,but I'd have no money left after spending it all on gas! big_eek
Compliments on your English,it's certainly better than my Swedish!
Regards Jock. thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
My truck doesn't actually work that hard, it is just that I make up reasons to get it out of the garage. With the price of gas as it is on this side of the pond, I just can't justify hauling around 2 tons of metal to get my fat behind from point A to point B. But as far as real work goes - the kind these trucks were built for - it isn't the same thing. I drive on too much asphalt, not enough gravel or fields.
Today I drove my daughter in to horse riding, took the truck so I could haul home a pile of manure. Just an excuse to drive it, and that kind of load suits the truck perfectly.
Wouldn't mind meeting in Scotland for a beer, or even that other stronger golden liquid Scotland is so famous for. As you say, the gas for the trip would be a bit spendy, what I need is a good excuse. Need any fertilizer over there?
Karl


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Thanks for the offer of the fertilizer! I stay in farming country
so I've got plenty!!!
How about http://www.hi-spirits.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_182700 it's aged in whisky barrels,the best of both worlds!
Very nice it is too!
Or if you would prefer,just a nice Islay single malt....Smooth grin


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
Gunn and Innis, I know it well, it is perhaps the best beer available in the Swedish monopoly. Too bad it's so expensive and the bottle is so small, but I daresay it's worth it. Life is too short to drink bad beer.
By the way, enjoyed a fine glass of Ardbeg last night. There is an idea, drop off the fertilizer and return with a load of Islay's finest


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
grin grin thumbs_up Sounds like a plan!
It may be a wee bottle but it makes up for it in strength! 6.6%
You could also try Hoegarden Grand Cru, Its a wheat beer but it's 9% big_eek It kinda sneeks up on ya!
I hope you had a good weekend!
Jock.
P.S Maybe we could meet here! grin


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 140
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 140
well summer is just around the corner down here in NZ so the miles will continue accumilating on my little truck. Not that that stopped during the winter. You see down here in NZ or accross the ditch in Aussie we can drive all year round. Someone once called my '59 a 'powderpuff' truck. I think driving it every day rain, hail or snow 7000+miles in eight months with no
problems qualifies it as a 'NON POWDERPUFF' and towing the little caravan to events all over the country gets a lot of possative comments from young and old. Guys generally make a beeline for the truck and their wives check out the caravan???
go figure.


1959 Chevy Apache
1948 Chevrolet COE

Trucks are like womens handbags !! you can never have enough of them and they can carry all your worldly possesions
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 46
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 46
Add me to the international list!

Been away from the boards for a while, my 63 GMC's having some tinworm removed at the moment, but here are a few pics of the beast.....

picture 1

Doing haulage duty for my "other" club (Harley-Davidson Riders of Great Britain) at our National rally

picture 2

Could have been taken in the USA, actually it's Bridgend, Wales; look closely and you'll see the cement mixer in the back which I'd just collected. This truck works for its living!

picture 3

And cue all the "Monty Python" lumberjack jokes! I have two woodburning stoves, truck is used to collect lumber from farms locally, does this make it "carbon neutral"? grin

Last edited by John Milliman; 01/26/2009 2:57 AM. Reason: Links to pix and not embedded ... thanks ~ Editor

63 GMC Fleetside; overbuilt, over-thirsty and over here!
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
kiwiwilly...That's a beautiful combo ya got there! I'm trying to 'persuade' Mrs Jockbolter an Airstream trailer would be the perfect addition to our '50 (Have you seen the prices they fetch though!) big_eek S'pose I'd better finish the truck first! grin

Kev....Nice to have a fellow Celt on board! thumbs_up That's assuming you are Welsh of course! grin P.S I hope those dungarees aren't hiding the suspenders and bra! eeeek Sorry I couldn't resist! You started it! wink The GMC's a rare beast on this side of the pond!
Jock.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 46
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 46
Sorry to let you down, Jock, but I'm a Sassenach! grin

I'm actually wearing the uniform of the Cardigan Mafia... they won't make you an offer 'cos they're too mean, they'd make a Yorkshireman look generous! wink

Yes, she's a rare one all right; AFAIK there are only six 60-66 GMC's in the UK, one other in Wales apart from mine. Still got the original 305 V-6 in as well. Runs like a Swiss watch.



63 GMC Fleetside; overbuilt, over-thirsty and over here!
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Don't worry Kev, It's not a let down, it's good to hear from any British 'bolters! thumbs_up

We have the Gaelic mafia, they make you an offer you can't understand! grin

I hope the rust repair won't affect the 'patina' on your truck.... it looks great!

I wish my truck looked like it did before coming over from Ca.
Unfortunately the Importer drowned it in red oxide primer! cry


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0