The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (55shaker, Lightholder's Dad, JW51), 83 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,083
Posts1,056,327
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#438651 08/04/2008 11:25 PM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to say Hi, and what a great website.
Im a 73-87 guy, but I've always had a soft spot for the older trucks. I just bought my first Big Bolt. its a 1942 GMC 1-1/2 ton cab & Chassis, Long wheelbase with a 2 spd rear. It's a one owner truck, that's been sitting in a barn for the last 30 years.
And Yes, "It Ran When It Was Parked".
I bought this back in june, & I havn't got it yet. Iv'e been going crazy trying to find someone to bring it home. I just found a guy who's pretty reliable, says he can pick it up this week. I can't wait!
As soon as it gets here I will post some pics in the gallery.
Jeff

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/22/2023 1:20 AM. Reason: added more info to the title
JeffL #438655 08/04/2008 11:43 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 397
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 397
Welcome to the "Stovebolt"!! There's alot of help here from a whole bunch of great people!!

Congratulations on your '42!! What a find!

Pictures! We all want to see pictures when you get her home!!

wave



"Lucille" ..... Proud Member of the "Southern Stovebolts"

David Wolff
1946 Chevy 1/2-ton
In the Gallery
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Welcome aboard! grin

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
Welcome to the bolt. Enjoy your time here. thumbs_up thumbs_up


David Colter
pics * 1954 wrecker * [color:#009900]1948 Chevy 1-Ton[/color]
No act of kindness - no matter how small - is ever wasted ~~ Aesop
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
Welcome to the Bolt !


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


#444013 08/21/2008 10:25 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
Hey guys,
My Truck was shipped out from VA. yesterday, on its way to me in Mass.

It's a one owner truck that's was in a barn for the last 30 years. Iv'e been waiting since the first week of June to get it here. It should be here today.
it's been a long summer waiting for this to happen!

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/22/2023 1:21 AM.
#444368 08/22/2008 2:31 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
Well I finally got my truck. It's not quite what I expected, but it's not bad. There's a lot more rust than I expected, but it is very solid. I was a little disappointed at first, but the more I look at it the better it gets.You gotta keep in mind this is a 65 year old truck!. This is to be expected
This truck is actualy bigger than I thought, its not a 160 wheelbase 1 1/2ton I think it's a 2 ton with a longer wheelbase.
The vin # is 1574-113557
Model# CC404 Serial # 7189 89.5 Horsepower Gvw is 15,000 lbs. I do have some photos from today, but i havent figured how to post on here yet.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,416
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Online: Content
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,416
Welcome to the Stovebolt!!

Congrats on your new arrival.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
2
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
Welcome to the Bolt, Jeff. Hey there all rusted when you get them. There's no way but up from here. Everything you do do it will be an improvement. Just takes time and money. Hang in there you'll be fine.


Terry K.

1951 5 window 1/2 ton

The only way to have a friend is to be one.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 238
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 238
Welcome to Stovebolt . You are now also a "Big Bolt" - a owner of a 1 1/2 ton or larger truck . ED


1952 GMC 303-24
1953 Chevy 6400

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome. Stick around. We'll teach you how to post pics.

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/22/2023 1:23 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
Welcome to the bolt. thumbs_up thumbs_up HERE is a link about how to post images.


David Colter
pics * 1954 wrecker * [color:#009900]1948 Chevy 1-Ton[/color]
No act of kindness - no matter how small - is ever wasted ~~ Aesop
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Welcome to the bolt smile

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0