The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (KEVINSKI, mick53, 55shaker, Peggy M, Gdads51, Hanks custodian, MickeyP, 1 invisible), 148 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,137
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#416946 05/27/2008 12:22 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
Lookin' good WEEDS!

I've been following your burb build and lately your window install, keep at it and she'll be done. How time flies!!! I was just looking in this Panel & Burbs forum and clicked on the last page to see how far back it went. Over 3 1/2 years ago you were thinking paint and I was pulling my Burb into my home shop for the winter. You have done well! I, on the otherhand, fell to my A D D and built a shop and just now started working on my Burb again. The good thing is, that has given you time to figure out the floor and now sliding windows.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Buddy in AK

Last edited by Buddy in AK; 05/27/2008 12:23 AM.

"Keep the shiny side up....."
'50 GMC Suburban
'55 1st Chevy Pickup
http://community.webshots.com/user/buddyinak
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
I am in agreement with Buddy. good job in keeping us informed. Keeping a journal on your work is not always as easy as it looks. I appreciate the updates and photos too. Your questions have provoked several archival type responses that many of us repairing, restoring or hot rodding Suburbans appreciate. thumbs_up

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,132
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,132
Buddy and GMO. Thanks for the compliments guys. I have never done a frame off restoration before and the resources on this site are fantastic. Sometimes I feel pretty dumb asking some of the questions I do but an answer always comes back. The window project is on hold while I try to figure out how to form the run channel for the sliders. Tim Lederman is always a big help and he even tutored me by phone. In the meantime I got the rear fenders painted and installed and am now installing the inside windshield trim. I find that when I get stumped I can move on to something else that needs doing and when I get back to the original problem that had me stumped a new approach to the problem will surface and then I can get it done. I will continue taking pics of the window install. Again thanks. Weeds

Weeds #417727 05/29/2008 1:55 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Weeds, let me add my thank you to the list. Your an inspiration to us and a mighty fine job your doing. I may not say much (?) but I'm always reading and lurking! Good luck with the rest of your project.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
I agree! You have a cool burb there and I hope to actually see it in real life when you are done. I'm not too far away from you and should be done with my truck (first restoration as well) this fall. hope to see you at a show or two when you are done!


Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,132
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,132
Tim S, I occasionally show up at Gus's drive in in East Troy just to stay inspired. One of my sons is doing a 69 Judge and we take turns driving. Maybe we will bump into each other sometime at Gus's.

Weeds

Weeds #418878 06/01/2008 9:44 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
Originally Posted by Weeds
Gus's drive in in East Troy......

Weeds


Looks like that would be a nice scenic drive for me. When the truck is done that will certainly be one of the drive's I'll make.

Tim


Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0