Hi!
I'm Thomas - Dogs51Burb> a New Guy.
I'm a 3rd Generation Native of California. I'm 58 years of Age, DWM. My Daughter is 30 years old & My Son is 25 years.
Employed 35 years in Engineering Mechanical design. 3D software, Ideas SDRC>NX.
My Interests are 4X4 Chevrolet Trucks and Sand.
My son and I have been discussing what kind of Project Truck to Build. This discussion has been ongoing for many years. Over dinner on our weekly night out, we formed our Concept & Now we're going to Fab:
Dana 60 front, 14 bolt rear, 8.1 liter, tranny (still discussing) 205 Tcase, Old Chevrolet Suburban, weekend Tow Rig.
We started a Father/Son Project!
So I better tell you 'all more about my Son. He was raised handing me wrenches and sockets, from when he could walk and talk. Our Vacations in the wilderness of the High Sierras fishing or at Pismo Beach camping in the OHV area. His first truck at 16 years was a 72' Blazer, he built into a One Ton/6.0 liter, transforming Rock ready Rig. His 2nd Car 67' Camaro RS SS 454.. I hand him tools now..
I started looking at few Panels & Subs for our Project, and a lot of Rusty Junk. two weeks ago I found a Craig's List ad for a 1951 Suburban -
Pictures looked like a
basket case , but the ad said it's complete, emails back and forth, we went and looked and made the deal $3300. Pushed it on our trailer and hauled it the two miles to my home.
It was Jenni's project. she started at age 16 with her Dad doing the restoration. She ordered almost all the rubber for the glass doors, windows. She took it apart and had it Sandblasted and primed. Now she's age 25 and has a new baby. Thank you Jenni, I'll try to keep up your original intent.
1951 Suburban - Ran when parked. 283cu in. open driveline, so Yes it's already been converted. you diehards can stop thinking you lost another one. My son hooked up a can of gas at the fuel pump and started the 283 up. He put it in gear and drove it off the trailer and we parked it in the yard
click ,
click .
Our Project now leads me to this door here, Knock! Knock! ?
Howdy..I'm the New Guy trying to figure out how to put these slider windows together...and how would you replace the clinch nuts in the rear wheel well that the fenders attach to, most of them have broken bolts...
so I'll be reading and soon I'll start a few posts in the forum.
Thomas - Dogs51Burb.