The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Forty9), 134 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,385
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 91
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 91
I have been working on this truck for alittle over two years. I have made alittle progress. If anybody's like me, I enjoy progress reports.

So here is mine!

This seemed like a mid-way step. I wanted to share my excitement that it was moving under its own power.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2643859970100505384oybSbC

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2889288590100505384KVpzbP

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2547752510100505384hIXbzX

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Doesn't it get cold in Gorgia?

Looking good. It's always an encouragement to those of us that do quality work to see another Bolter do the same. grin


~Jim
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
You have to send #29 to Peggy. She loves to see kids on these old trucks. 2 of my boys made the "front page" this month. Click "home".

addition:I just looked through all of them, and I think #16 is the best. Kids just love these old trucks. I guess that makes us ALL kids.

Last edited by 54TOW; 03/18/2008 5:47 AM. Reason: addition

David Colter
pics * 1954 wrecker * [color:#009900]1948 Chevy 1-Ton[/color]
No act of kindness - no matter how small - is ever wasted ~~ Aesop
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 100
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 100
I can imagine driving around felt good, a family truck back on the road again smile


For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

41 Chevy
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
Looking good !!!! thumbs_up


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
That's cool. Looks like you are doing good work. Just a warning, you may get some cane for not going with bias ply tires on that thing. Just kidding.


1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 187
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 187
I remember driving around with my kids on a couple chassis runs with milk crate tied to them. They still talk about it to this day, they are in their 30's now. Great job Shellology!!!!


'36 Tall cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '36 Low cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '53 GMC 2 ton, '51 GMC 640 5 ton, '47 Dodge 2 ton, '42 GMC CCKW 353 6X6.
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
Lookin Good!Ultimate AC!


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
BRAVO wink Senior BRAVO grin
keep up those photos and smiles pix


Last edited by carolines truck; 03/18/2008 3:01 PM.

Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Great job! That's something the kids won't forget!
Dan

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
yep, your doing it right! Oh, I love the gas tank grin


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 91
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 91
Thanks everbody,
This forum/site is the #1 reason for staying interested in the project and therefore consistently making small movements forward.

I can't thank everybody enough for there help. Not only is your expertise highly valued but it's the encouragement to keep trying that priceless.

Just alittle update for the many which helped diagnose my brake issues. I tried my brakes at high yard speeds and they seem to be working perfectly.

Thanks



Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0