The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Eileen, 1 invisible), 80 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,310
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#376376 02/17/2008 3:47 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 19
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 19
Hello I know that this will be a hard question to answer without seeing the truck but I was wondering if I could get some opinions on what this truck may be worth. I have located a 1966 C-10 with factory air, factory ps, and factory pb. It is a LWB with big back glass. Rear glass still has the "air conditioning" sticker on it. It has a 283 V8 with powerglide transmission. The motor is apart. The short block is still in the truck but the rest of the parts are there. The body is in primer but it is a factory black truck. The body is very straight with just a few minor dings. The front fenders have rust but other than that it is pretty well rust free. The interior is in good shape as far as the paint goes and it has a good wheel with the horn trim ring. The bezel for the a/c vent is missing though. I have tried to describe it thoroughly so I hope I can get some good idea as to what its worth because I was told to make an offer on it and don't want to pay to much but also don't want to insult the man either. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Last edited by fire94sfd; 02/17/2008 4:33 AM.
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
J
jdl Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
Not sure on the price, but I'm sure someone here will tell you and if you can at all, ABSOLUTELY GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Really not good at the price thing, but I'm guessing maybe a few grand?


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Old Car Price "Guide". Number 5 condition $2180. #4 $3600. That is just a guide. The guy that wrote it doesn't buy them. It sounds like a good project but if you cant do most of the work yourself it,s easy to get upside down & flustered. You can get plenty of help & advise on this website though.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
Couple of grand if everything is there as you said. Hoping you can do most of the work yourself, and you'll have something to be proud of. Two factors determine the price of everything, How bad you want it, and how bad he wants to sell it.


dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
That's a rare truck, any idea if he knows how rare, that would determine if your going to insult him.

Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Make him shoot the first number. It gives you an idea whether he's in touch with reality or watches Barret/Jackson. I've gotten lucky several times with people willing to sell lower than what I'm willing to pay. I usually go into a haggle session knowing what my top dollar is and usually won't go over it,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
I think the short bed, big windows are more rare, but maybe people just tell me that to make me feel better.

I would get it. Funny... Trucks! on TV today started a project making a 66 long bed into a short bed.

I am with Scott on this one.


SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan

1966 Fleetside SWB Webshots

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0