The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Jay R, Ridgeback, Phak1, Ponchogl), 71 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,683
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 39
G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 39
I saw a 1950 pick up on the net with a fuel tank mounted between the frame rails I think it was a blazer tank has any one done this I dont like the thought of the tank in the cab I am also a need to move my seat back some for leg room and keep my belly from hitting the stock steering wheel Im only 245 lbs im sure some one back in 1950 weighed this I cant be the first with this problem Thanks Tim

Last edited by green48; 12/24/2007 1:23 AM.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
You'll only gain about an inch, if that. Some move the tank to the rear thinking it's safer. As long as your tank and connections are in good shape, the cab is as safe as any place.
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
I mounted a Blazer tank in my '50 for they same reasons as you mentioned. At 6'5" 260lbs even an inch is worth it to me. I will also more than likely have to mount the seats a little higher so that I can stretch out a bit more. The tank swap was very simple. I used a tank from a military Blazer with a 25 gallon capacity. I have not decided if I'll run the filler through the rear fender or the bed.


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 47
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 47
I plan on mounting a blazer tank in the rear of my truck as i hate the fumes in the cab.

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1
O
Moderated
Moderated
O Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1
I'm doing the S10 frame swap with a 42 pick up. I thinking about moving the tank to the back and using the 4DR Blazer tank. I've read posts on this forum and the S10 forum, and it's been done. I'm wondering if instead of going the wide side between the frame rails, if it's possible to rotate it and have the filler tube facing the rear, instead of the side. It would give more room for dual exhaust. Has anyone tried this? It looks like it'll work.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0