The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jay R, 52Carl, 78buckshot, TooMany2count, walter74, Bill Hanlon, Barry Martak, Charles in CA, 1955 1 Series), 122 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
Is it possible to convert a door with a wing window to a door without a wing window? Next question, has anyone done it before?
Thanks for the help.
Scott


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
Sorry, but I just realized, the year of the truck might be helpful....its a 50, but the doors must be from something newer as they have wing windows


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
no help?


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
50chevy....I remember asking basically that same question about a year ago as the 52 panel I drug home had a 1950 door on it. (sold it) The answer I got was that it could be done but was a big pain in the butt. I sold the door and found me two good 52 doors and moved on. Maybe someone else has actually done it and will chime in later.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
thanks for the help....heres the problem I am faced with. My 50 has wing window doors on it, that are rotten at the bottoms. A while back, I got all the patch panels to make my doors nice again. In the meantime, a real nice non-wing window door has "landed" in my parts pile, with no rustout anywhere. So I dont know which direction to go.


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
Its a whole lot easier to change out the doors than to make them something they weren't. Some of the bracket inside are spot welded on and removal and replacement is going to drive you batty.


Jeff
1947 Chevy 6400 2-ton
In the Gallery
1953 3/4-ton
In the Gallery
It was fun while it lasted
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
The wingless doors are more attractive. I would use them as they came,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0