The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Shade Baby, Steelonsteel, Guitplayer, Otto Skorzeny, cmayna), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
hiyas.

My door has been getting kidna picky about closing all of the way. I started looking into it, and I found that if I lifted it up just a bit as clsoed it, it would latch easily without slamming.

So I opened the door up and go to looking at the hinges... when I lift up jsut a little bit, it seems that the top hinge wiggles some. I am curious if maybe there is something in there that is worn out, or if maybe the door pin is cracked/broken.

any ideas?

thx,

-W

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 247
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 247
There is a bushing and pin kit you can get that usually fixes this problem. You can get them from any of the on-line shops. Sometimes you can get them from Autozone and Checker.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
on my camaro i loosened up the top hinge and slid it foward a tad.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
I do know something about this Woog. I did the hinge pins and bushings on my 64 a while back. After I took the hinges off the truck, I couldn't get them apart for anything. I ended up hack sawing between the two parts of the hinge so I could drive the pins and bushings out. Once apart it's easy. I just reemed a drill bit through the hinge until the bushing drove in with light resistance. Then reassemble the hinge with plenty of lubrication and put it back on the truck. Spent more time getting the adjustment right than doing anything else. Consider new door stays while you're at it too,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Thanks folks.

-W


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0