The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Peggy M, MickeyP), 122 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,408
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
I'd have to bet that there are some pretty cool bumper guards on some stovebolter's trucks. Maybe even some reallt wild homemade bumper guards on some of these old trucks. Any of you guys have some pictures that you can share?

P.S. Remember to share pictures via hosted sites.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
I found a pair at a swap meet. The chrome was rough so I had it removed at a plating shop. My bumpers are painted so I did the same to the guards and installed them. Ugly isn't the word. Had them off the same day and they are sitting in the garage. I have a photo of them installed if anyone wants to email me for a look.
Bill


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
i have an orig. grille/bumper guard for a '54 truck. some say its ugly,,i think its pretty cool.....'54 only.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
These are factory, but I love them.

\'64-\'66 Chevy factory bumper guards

Tony

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Check out these, http://pages.cthome.net/chevypickup50 , then click Brush guards,in the left hand column & enjoy.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
You can also click into my link below, & check out the last 5 pictures on page 2, of my Spankys Wreckers Webshots Album, for a few variations.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
I just removed my old bumper with the bumper guards, I installed the new bumper without the guards. I'm actually like it better without the guards. But my truck is a GMC, I think I like the guards better on Chevy trucks. The GMC has that Catfish look to it that I like. Whish I had a digital camera to give you guys before and after shots.

Hey 4-5-6Chevy
Nice trucks! I have seen old red before.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 267
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 267
cool link spanky. thanks for that. tom


I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
the chrome bumper guards on my '65 c10 - chevy...

http://matraca.home.mindspring.com/05272006.html

same deal as 4-5-6...

-W


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0